How to convert linkedin recruiter profiles to linkedin public urls fast, and by batch
TL;DR (too long didn’t read: for those of you who followed my last Sourcecon digital keynote, you’ll know why)
- Linkedin has changed their url on Recruiter
- Use burlurlopener to open batch of urls, use tabcopy to get redirected urls
- Et voilà
- Officially linkedin doesn’t offer the feature to export your linkedin recruiter projects and convert these url to public url. Probably they don’t want you to do it for legal/commercial reasons.
- Treat all data extracted according to the data protection laws of course, don’t be evil 😊
- I have the new version of linkedin recruiter since end of 2019, this is a newer change that happened in the last weeks. It might not work depending on the recruiter version you’re running.
- For me it appeared at the same time they reintroduced the “create search from ideal candidate” feature… because…of course.. not having this feature when they rolled out was a good idea 🤦♂️
Bonjour les gens, 🖐
Long time I didn’t write a little techy article around sourcing and I found something lately that I thought you might like.
You have a batch of linkedin recruiter profiles or a project you’d like to send to someone outside of linkedin, this person does not have a linkedin recruiter account and you don’t want to/can’t allocate them a manager seat, you therefore need to send them linkedin public urls.
Problem: no export function, to access the public url, you’d need to go to EACH profile and copy their link.
I did it yesterday on 67 profiles in less than 5 minutes.
Step 1: Have a clean recruiter list
Have a linkedin project and scrape it. For this test I took a few of the sourcecon grandmasters and key figures, hope they won’t mind 😊
This is not an article about scraping but if you don’t know how to do this, either create a recipe on dataminer, or, even easier, there is include.ai, a new TOTALLY awesome scraping tool that is going to have a revamp and that I love.
It gives you a very ugly csv (sorry my excel is in French)
Convert this CSV to excel using data/convert/delimitated/commas (sorry my excel is in French)
And you get this clean list
You get the recruiter profile and project ID in this format
Which reads like this.
Step 2: Convert to Public linkedin url
The aim, quite simply 😉, is to convert into this format
To do this in batch, just use the search and replace function to change
And click on “replace all”
Now you have this and need to get rid of what comes after the ? (ie the project name)
Use again the convert function (as we did to transfer from csv to columns) under data/convert
But now select “other” and put the character ? as a selector
Now you have a clean url list
Step 3: Obtain basic linkedin public url
Open all tabs at once on chrome using this extension using this extension
On chrome, I recommend to do it by batches of 50 max if you don’t want your computer to explode the RAM 😉
Linkedin is redirecting you 😉
now just gather all redirects url in tabs with this extension
So now, use this one cette extension
Copie tab in "compact mode"
Little final cleaning
You, once again need to clean a little bit.
Just replace Linkedin: by a special character like $ for example, replace all
And I get this
And convert after the $ to another column
And you get this final result
It's clean, transferable, I have my information, clickable by any Muggle.
hear some people say "yeah it's tough"... it took me less than 5 minutes in the end, when you get into the habit of converting and transferring, it goes super fast.
All this to say.... ET VOILA!
Good weeel, that's all, I hope it will help you!